Palette development questions

Hello all

After reading @telmiger post on color palettes, I set off on a quest to update my custom palette inspired by the night theme on Bobulate.

I think I’m finally finished, but how would I know if my palette contains all of the necessary values? I would also be interested if someone has managed to create a tiddler that performs some sort of validation on a palette.

BobulateNight.json (3.6 KB)
CustomStyleBobulate.json (395 Bytes)

Edit: I should also note this looks best with the Vanilla theme

1 Like

Hi Mark,

When I drop your tiddlers on tiddlywiki.com, set the theme to Vanilla Basic and set buttons to boxed style including text, it looks like this:

So I can tell you that the colour “button-foreground” is missing in your palette. I think it defines the colour of button texts that are black if undefined.

In my own designs I switch off tiddler shadows but would none the less like to see tiddlers. So if it was my palette I probably would set tiddler-border to black in order to make the border visible.

Just my five cents, all the best!
Thomas

1 Like

Never offer more than “my 2 cents” or “a penny for your thoughts”. #Tips

1 Like

You might find tw5-core-palettes handy - has all the palette fields that are defined in tw5 ‘core’ palettes merged together into a JSON file.

2 Likes

Thanks all, I merged what palette fields I was missing, but I didn’t necessarily define the values yet. But at least should I encounter a situation where I need to define the color I’ll know I’m not missing any