We’re hoping to release v5.2.4 in November. As usual, I’d like to hold a competition to design the banner image that is shown on the splash screen and within the opening HelloThere tiddler.
Ideally, the artwork should reflect some of the changes in the new version. I’ve updated the release note for the prerelease:
Entries will be accepted until Tuesday 15th November 2022 at 8am UK time, followed by voting to select the winning entry.
The other rules/guidelines for the competition are:
- The version number must be clear and readable even when the banner is shown at a reduced size
- The version number must use the correct punctuation including the “v” prefix and clear full stops between the numbers
- The image must be a PNG or JPEG of exactly 560x315 pixels
- Note that the image is displayed at a smaller size on tiddlywiki.com , so check that your artwork is legible at the display size (the scaling is done in order to yield good quality on hi-dpi displays)
- The bottom 46 pixels will be obscured by the banner text “What’s new in 5.2.4” when it is displayed within HelloThere
- The image need not include the word “TiddlyWiki”. The banner image is only used in contexts where it is clear that it is about TiddlyWiki
- Feel free to enter an updated version of artwork that was a runner-up in a previous competition
- Reply to this message with your entry, or any questions
- Please give lots of feedback here to encourage the artists
Here are the posts about previous artwork competitions:
v5.2.3 - New Release Banner Competition for v5.2.3
v5.2.2 - https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/y6OMgyQx2-k/m/mWXZiivvAQAJ
v5.2.1 - https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/GU0TPGNMPvw/m/y1SyQk_nAQAJ
v5.2.0 - https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/eccIEHZoxsI/m/JpxoQdZrAwAJ
v5.1.23 - https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/cTgPWl8b_9c/m/VtrMFHBGAwAJ
v5.1.22 - https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/rYrja18_SfQ/m/JAklPfjfAwAJ
v5.1.21 - https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/l47ZZzWdDb8/m/6s0p_3QeCgAJ
Good luck! I’ll be looking forward to seeing the entries.