New on Tiddlyhost: Put saving and cloning

Another one today – 2nd in 6 months. I came very close to getting their paid plan before they were sold to some soulless finance conglomerate. Their lack of transparency about details is frustrating. Sure your vault is encrypted, but what was it stolen?

@simon @jeremyruston I have a question, tiddlyhost currently will ask client to upload full content (maybe 10~50M) to server?

I’m not sure about this, I thought it will use tiddlyweb plugin’s sync-adaptor mechanism, that only upload/download necessary tiddler. We can even use localstorage plugin to store most of tiddlers, and only download diff when we open the wiki.

I tried to implement this in GitHub - linonetwo/solid-tiddlywiki-syncadaptor: Sync TiddlyWiki to SoLiD Server. years ago, but satisfy with TidGi’s local filesystem later. But I found a cloud storage sync-adaptor necessary recently, to sync tiddlers between Tiddloid and TidGi.

If tiddlyhost can work with sync-adaptor, then I will just use tiddlyhost, which will be great. Because I may not have time to get solid-tiddlywiki-syncadaptor work again.

I would like to be able to support the sync adapter for saving on Tiddlyhost. Currently it is not possible, but maybe in the future it could happen.

I’m not very familiar with it, so I will need to learn more about how it works to understand how I could get it working on Tiddlyhost.

The internals of the server side of TiddlyWiki is fairly heavyweight and hard to learn. You may find it helpful to look at third party implementations. A few are listed here:

https://tiddlywiki.com/static/TiddlyWeb.html

The TiddlyWiki server in Go by Russ Cox is very accessible even without knowing Go.