Need recommendation for finding Flashcard system that fits my needs

Hello, a new user of Tiddlywiki and I was trying to find a standalone flashcard system that fits my needs for the reviewing for university classes.

I’m trying to use a flashcard system so that I will be reading my notes over more frequently and can track the level of understanding for the concepts.

I was hoping to make the notes I’ve written already into flashcards instead of making new flashcards. Different types of flashcards like cloze are not important for me.

I’ve looked at twsr and flashcards to go until now. Any recommendations or comments will be a lot of help.

EDIT: Also does anyone know how to install Flashcards to go? I know the link to the website but couldn’t find any information on installation. TW5 Flashcards to go — Study and Memory tool by Wim Moermans

Thanks

1 Like

For getting your own version of TW5 Flashcards to go: just hit “save” on the hosted (tiddlyspot) version, and the browser should prompt you to download the file. Then find the downloaded file and drag it onto your own new (v 5.2.5) tiddlywiki window, and you’ll get an import-process, which should work fine to get all the vital stuff into your own tiddlywiki. Clone the existing questions to get the hang of it, then begin to add your own categories (using the namespace convention subject: Question)… Finally, delete the stuff you don’t need, and customize details to suit your needs.

You might also be interested in the more recent TiddlyRemember — Embed Anki notes in your TiddlyWiki and TiddlyMemo — Lifelong knowledge, deep in mind

2 Likes

I would suggest GitHub - oflg/fishing: Integrate Spaced Repetition System into TiddlyWiki , also known as https://tiddlymemo.org/

It is using next generation algorithm FSRS, that minify the amount of revisit to remember a card.

2 Likes

I also recommend TiddlyRemember. It is fantastic plug-in for Anki that I am using almost everyday.