Need help with filtering

I am using the Projectify plugin, where project tiddlers are tagged with Project and tasks are tagged with todo. If your familiar with Projectify you know todo tiddlers are tagged with the Project title.

I have added a “people” field to both project and todo tiddlers—which contains a list of people tiddlers assigned to the project or todo tiddler.

When viewing a person tiddler I want to list all tasks assigned to that person, whether that be directly assigned to a todo or all todos assigned to projects.

I need help with the filter.

I used the following to get the list of todos assigned to person, as they are identified to the tasks (where title is the person):

[tag[todo]contains:people{!!title}]

I need to know how to add to this filter all the todos assigned to the projects for that person.

I tried to first get a list of the projects:

<$set name=projectList filter="[tag[Project]contains:people{!!title}]">

…hoping I could use the projectList somehow to get a list todos across 0 or more Projects this person is assigned to.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Craig

For a flat list, that is not grouped by projects, this would work:

[tag[Project]contains:people{!!title}tagging[]] [tag[todo]contains:people{!!title}]

The first run retrieves all todos for the Projects the person is assigned to, the second
retrieves all todos assigned directly to the person.

If that isn’t what you are looking for, please provide a mockup of the desired output.

1 Like

Give this a try:

{{!!title}} is in these projects:
<<list-links "[tag[Project]contains:people{!!title}]">>

{{!!title}} has these project todo items:
<<list-links "[tag[Project]contains:people{!!title}tagging[]tag[todo]]">>

{{!!title}} is directly assigned to these todo items:<br>
<<list-links "[tag[todo]contains:people{!!title}]">>

{{!!title}}'s combined list of project and direct todo items:<br>
<<list-links "[tag[Project]contains:people{!!title}tagging[]tag[todo]] [tag[todo]contains:people{!!title}]">>
1 Like

@EricShulman @saqimtiaz

Thank you so much. Both of these solutions provide a solution to the question. Here is an example showing the results of both. Eric’s solution (as is) highlights how the data is structured–that this individual has one todo assignment and one project assignment, where the todo is almost part of the same project.

saqimatiaz’s solution provides the results in one filter list. And, with that, it was easy to add the template parameter to the list so it show tasks as expected.

Thank you again,

Craig