Need help with a syntax problem

I have this plugin called Tiddly Remember by Soren Bjornstad. Basically I want a bunch of text to be shown as “Wikitag::tag::title”. I tried to do this by doing this:

[addsuffix[::[get[title]]]][tags[]addprefix[WikiTag::]]

or this:

[tags[]addprefix[WikiTag::]addsuffix[get[title]]]

However, it doesn’t work. I wonder what’s wrong. Can anyone help me or show me an alternative syntax of doing the same thing? I’m new to TiddlyWiki and have a beginner knowledge of programming.

This filter is not correct! You need to get title first and pass the result to addsuffix!

Where do you use this? Is it insdie a $list widget?
What do you want with tags[]?

This is an example of what I understand from your question:

<$list filter="[all[current]tags[]] "variable=thisTag>

<$text text={{{ "Wikitag::" [<thisTag>] "::" [<currentTiddler>] :and[join[]] }}} />
</$list>

Note to the input to tags[] and the string/var concatenation in filtered transclusion in "Wikitag::" [<thisTag>] "::" [<currentTiddler>] :and[join[]]

If you put this inside a tiddler (abs Operator) you will get

Wikitag::Unary Mathematics Operators::abs Operator

Wikitag::Filter Operators::abs Operator

Wikitag::Mathematics Operators::abs Operator

If what you want to do is display text in a specific way, a filter is not required. All you actually need is to transclude the fields you want.

Wikitag::{{!!tags}}::{{!!title}}

If you put the above into a tiddler called “Wikitag”, you can directly apply it as a template like this {{Tiddler||Wikitag}}.

I don’t know what a list widget is, but the documentation says that I should put it on this tiddler: $:/config/TiddlyRemember/TagMapping.

I want to get the tag/s of a tiddler where I wrote question-and-answer notes

So what I am trying to say is that I need a filter syntax of getting the tag and the title of tiddler in this format: WikiTag::[tag of the tiddler where I wrote the question-and-answer-notes]::[title of the tiddler where I wrote the question-and-answer notes].

To simplify, I want it in this format, WikiTag::[tag]::[title]

This syntax works (without the title)

[get[tags]addprefix[WikiTag::]]

but this does not:

[get[tags]addprefix[Wikitext::]addsuffix[[get[title]]]]

I think this is the answer but I do not know how to do this.

I am not familiar with TiddlyRemember, so I cannot be of more help! Just a quick look, it seems you need to pass a filter expression!

How about the following? Assuming that only one tag is used for each instance…

{{{ [<currentTiddler>get[tags]addprefix[Wikitext::]addsuffix[::]addsuffix{!!title}] }}}

or

{{{ [[Wikitext::]] [<currentTiddler>get[tags]] [[::]] [{!!title}] +[join[]] }}}

If you want the result to just show as plain text, you stick the above “filtered transclusions” inside a TextWidget:

<$text text={{{…}}} />

1 Like

Thanks! the first and second code snippets work. However, I don’t know what to call this but it shows something weird. For example, let’s say tag = Algebra and title = Polynomials, it would show up as:

Wikitext::Algebra::Polynomials {{{ }}}.

However, removing the curly brackets from the filter snippet would make the {{{ }}} disappear. Would this give me some trouble in the future? Say if I have 1000 tiddlers.