[ Musicsheets ] - A new Release

@Psalm_104_33_KJV , I’ve released a new version that includes a “download midi” link

You can now simply install the new version by dragging it to your wiki, no need for uninstalling the previous version

1 Like

I have installed the most recent version and the download function is working.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for this great plugin!
Just one question: could there be a way to treat abc fields like TW-fields?

1 Like

Hi @Euthymious ,
what do you mean by treating abc fields like TW fields?

I mean using them in filters, e.g. to group or search music pieces by author or key or tempo

To do so, I would tag all musicsheet tiddlers with the same tag, like $:/tags/MusicSheet and give them the fields author, key and tempo

Like that you can filter by

[all[tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/MusicSheet]get[key]match[G#]]

for example

But all those fields are already present in the abc file, and it would be tedious to manually rewrite them when importing a large tune collection (say, one of abc | tune collections).

Great stuff. Good improvements. FYI, I been using it since the first round. I’m NOT a musician but I use music in small movies (corto montagio) and it is ideal for capturing the basic tune you want in a way that can be co-shared with a composer.

I used it, for instance, to develop music for Zio Lupo and other films … Ti racconto una storia #2 - “Zio Lupo” on Vimeo

Is there still a keyboard? :slight_smile:

Hi @TiddlyTweeter , nice to hear that you’ve been using it since the beginning :slight_smile:
Has there ever been a keyboard?

@Euthymious if the nomenclature always follows a schema, we can extract author, key and tempo using the search-replace filter (probably)

2 Likes

I remember seeing one! Maybe it was by someone else for something else?

@TiddlyTweeter , I remember having built a keyboard once but I don’t remember where and when

Actually, I’m thinking about an easy-to-use input method for notes

Meanwhile I’ve released v0.0.4 of the plugin
There are no breaking changes, just some bugfixes

@TidBits Could be a great idea: a special edit template for abc-tiddlers, replacing a standard editor toolbar with a keyboard and staff notation tools

Hello all, the plugin got an update!
It now provides some toolbar buttons for easier inserting of ABC notation

I’m still open for ideas how to make it better, so don’t hesitate to leave me a comment here :slight_smile:

Plugin version 0.0.7 is released with more symbols in the editor toolbar :slight_smile:

I’m fast these days
version 0.0.8 has been released with many chords to choose from the editor-toolbar dropdowns

enjoy

Simon,

I have had an idea brewing for some time and the ability to include music like this in a tiddlywiki along with a set of other recent features like text to speech, speech to text, imbedded audio etc… could be brought together to produce a kind of studio.

Perhaps I should build an edition on top of which we can start a project to develop it further.

Also, How hard would it be to allow the music to be written, or captured on tiddlywiki?

Tones

1 Like

Hi @TW_Tones ,
Some kind of a studio edition would be very cool!

Writing the music on tiddlywiki is already possible
Capturing it … I think there are better solutions out there

I would like a panel where I could use sound effects say when in a Zoom session, Like ask a question and if there are no answers play a “crickets” sound :wink:

Or a Bach “banana na na”