Multipath presentations (inspired by Tamasha and Freeplane)

Hi all,

I recently made a presentation about civic tech combining moldable tools (TiddlyWiki and Lepiter) and I use the excellent Tamasha plugin by @Mohammad . Usually I made my presentations using Freeplane, but the that requires carrying a laptop that have it installed and Tamasha allow me to just point to an URL. My ideal would be to have something that combines the best of both, maybe with the maps of the TW Dynamics Examples and some inspiration from my recently discovered links about horizontal river and presentations.

For now, I would like to just like to leverage the hypermodular nature of TW, while migrating some of my presentations from Freeplane to TW and converting graphical/content nodes in the first one to tiddlers in the second, finally dealing with a long experienced problem: being able to reuse and recombine the same content in different presentations by defining “presentation paths” that allow such reuse, without the need to create a new file (something that, so far is not possible neither in Freeplane or in TW).

My proposal would be to have something custom field called “paths” where a pair of keys/values are stored according to the place that a tiddler occupies in a particular presentation. For example in a tiddler is part of two Tamasha presentations tagged with “SlideShow1” and “SlideShow2” the paths field would contain something like this JSON object: {"SlideShow1":"A1","SlideShow2":"C3"}, which means that, when such tiddler is shown in the SlideShow1 it would occupy the order provided by the index A1 and when is in the SlideShow2 it would occupy do the same with the index C3 (so it would be after C2 and before D1, for example).

This would decouple presentation order from tiddler title and it may open other possibilities about more modular presentations and even nested orders, where slides are not only an uni-dimensional sequence, but can be bi-dimensional like in Reveal.js or in Freeplane (in my case vertical dimension I use to control “time” of the presentation, while horizontal is about detail of the stuff I want to talk about, depending on the time/public I have).

There is more ideas, some related with the explorations of horizontal river and presentations that @JanJo has been asking about, and how some kind of “comic strip” view using Muri inspired multicolum approach would improve presentations. Also using nested tiddlers lists to define multiple orders. But starting with improved modularity is good for now.

What could be the approach to implement multipath presentations as suggested (or with alternative approaches)? @Mohammad Do you think it could be done in a relative straight forward way?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @Offray
Have you seen Reveal.js — Reveal.js presentations embedded in TiddlyWiki (sukima.github.io)
It is exactly what you want! It is much more powerful at the cost of MB extra size!

By the way the order of slides in Tamasha is determined by list field, so if you open Slideshow1 and look at the list field you see the order of slides (you need to reorder slides to see the field.)
So, one slide can be used in several slideshow and in each of them it can have its own place!
Note 1: To reorder, on the slide click the tag pill for example Slideshow1 and reorder slides by drag and drop.

Side note: There was a plan with @saqimtiaz to improve Tamasha specially for automatic font resizing when it is used on very big screen.

Note 2: Tamasha is less than 40kB. Students use it for progress reports and seems they are happy with that.

1 Like

I haven’t forgotten, I have just had a few too many things going on. I currently have 19 different things in the TW world that need my attention…

The good news is that since we last spoke I have done some work on text resizing and fitting text on screen that should prove useful when we do work on Tamasha.

3 Likes

I made some progress with the presentationtool combining Crazko’s Krystal and Mohammad’s sections and dumped my mod of reveal.js for this.

You scroll horizontally by default but you can scroll down to see more sections in the tiddler and you can make detours by clicking links.

1 Like

Very good news and much appreciated! I know how busy you are!

Yes, I am also busy and honestly forgot this!

1 Like

Yes, I found Sukima just afeter I made my presentation with Tamasha and I like its nested tags for slides. I will try to move some of my mindmaps to it, to see how this enables reuse and will post back my explorations.

Thanks for your notes. I’m also happy using Tamasha (I would like to have better control on resizing and some minor improvements, but is pretty great) and is good to know that I can change the presentation order.

I’m still looking for a modular “bi-dimensional” presentation program that allows to escape from linear presentations and see more connections between ideas and having TW and its plugins and hacks back is a great invitation to continue such explorations. I’ll share my advances as they come.

Thanks,

1 Like