Mobile Drag and Drop for Dummies ;-)

Hi Tiddlywikians,
I just tried to install the mobile drag and drop shim ( GitHub - timruffles/mobile-drag-drop: A drop-in shim to allow you to use existing html5 drag'n'drop code with mobile browsers ) on my wiki.
Is there a drag and drop version to install the plugin itself or can it just be installed via node.js?
Is there a TW demo out there that has buttons to reverse-engeneer it?
The official demo ( mobile-drag-drop demo ) looks like TW but is not really accessible.

Best wishes Jan

There is a version of the mobile drag-and-drop shim that is specific for installation in TiddlyWiki:

Open your TiddlyWiki and look for “mobile” in the “Official TiddlyWiki Plugin Library”…

$:/ControlPanel > Plugins > “Get more plugins” > “Open plugin library” > search:“mobile”

Then press the “install” button and save-and-reload your TiddlyWiki.

enjoy,
-e

1 Like

Hi Eric, thanks for your reply!
I just found the plugin and made a basic test-wiki - but could not figure out how to use it.
For example, I still cannot re-order the draggable list of the open-tab on my android - after installing and reloading.
Best wishes Jan

In case you’re still trying to make it work, I’ve found that after installing the plugin, saving and reloading I had to save the wiki again, close it and then open for the second time until things started to work (so basically, an extra save and reload).

Side note, I could enable drag and drop on FF (Android) with this plugin but on drag the entire page is now scrolling as well. I’m not sure if there is a fix to this or the plugin itself should be updated to fix this.