Meta Request -- Add a "Culture / Fun / Lounge " Category?

As an anthropologist with some TW-Years behind me I find some of the “cultural” aspects of collective TW well worth commenting on occasionally. It is a very unusual, friendly, collective. I do not think that “Discussion”, though, is the right category for posts like … TiddlyWiki on Holiday

Can I suggest that we add a category to our Discourse that allows such side comments? Marking them as “TW-Culture”, or suchlike, would ensure you don’t need read them if not fascinated by such segues.

TT

If I see “Culture” I immediately think about “Company Culture” and “Code of conduct” :confused:

What about “Lounge”? … I didn’t want to suggest “Bar” or “Saloon” :wink:

Lol! Sure “Lounge” would work I think. :ok_hand:
Best, TT

Lounge seems common on Discourse fora.

Though it’s usually a “staff only” kinda thang.

1 Like

A place for “fun” posts :wink:

Better name: dropzone

I think if your looking for fun somebody did a plug in for that a few years ago but there wasn’t much interest. As a workaround have you tried putting it in triple backticks? :rofl:

This is what I think of when I a reference to :rocket:Culture :rocket: :

I think any other usage would be disappointing :disappointed:

2 Likes

Player of Games was such an enjoyable read.

LOL! True that.

Regarding the OP, I’m mainly interested in an additional category being available for occasional side comments / observations about TW & its usage. Sometimes “fun”; sometimes “Deep Thought”; sometimes “snaps” of “Mother”.

My concern was to not burden “Discussion” with that, but allow them under a different “flag” as sometimes segues are useful.

A descriptive term might be “Segue” … though I’m not so sure the word is in common usage or would be understood. The advantage of it is it applies to anything oblique to the main business here.

But, TBH, I don’t mind what the category is used so long as it’s easily recognisable.

Best, TT

Fairly common in this household, can’t speak for elsewhere.

Segue” … is quite neat, I think, but would an Iranian, like @Mohammad, understand it?

Just asking, TT

Of course. Those “suffering” English as a foreign language are better at rapid lookups (and possibly etymology) than we native speakers.

1 Like

I think that is true!

I don’t understand it. I had to look it up.

2 Likes

OK. Accepted. Right. “Segue” is therefore likely too obscure.

TBH, @pmario, I don’t care what the “category” is so long as it is has some sense.

Best, TT

I had to use Google translate!

1 Like

Ok caro! I will abandon “Segue”.

TT

I’ve seen random used for this purpose

2 Likes

That might work. It certainly conveys the side-step. TT