Looking for a way to embed HTML exported tiddlers in Gmail

Hi, TW5 guys. Does anyone know a way to embed in Gmail messages an HTML page generated by tiddler export? Either using Gmail web interface or other clients. All solutions I have found searching the web for are very tricky and not practical.

Thanks in advance, )+(

Are you wanting to embed an iframe? For example <iframe src"Link to My Specific Tiddlers"> or are you trying to format a cluster of tiddlers as a static html body for email?

The second one. I know how to export tiddlers as standalone HTML files, but I cannot use them as e-mail body

I agree that’d be very nice. I briefly looked in to this just a month or so ago. Here’s the most promising article I found (but I never took it any further):

This also possibly useful:

If you view some nicely prepared tiddler after wikitext etc… it generates html.

Now select and copy that output

Past the output into your gmail email, and it effectively contains HTML.

Thanks for your suggestion @twMat. This looks like something I have already tried. I think that it works well with not too complex HTML code. I think that HTML pages exported from tiddlers include a lot of stuff that struggles with Gmail limits. It would require some fix before being added to emails body. Anyway I will try it again.

Thanks @TW_Tones. While writing “copy that output”, which kind of output do you refer to? The rendered page or the underlying HTML code? I have already tried with both and the result was always a mess.

Yes, the rendered output, using the browsers copy tools, with alternatives available as Browser addons.

When you select some nicely formatted content found on any website, not just tiddlywiki the “formatted text is often copied to the clipboard”, then when you paste it somewhere it is up to the application you are pasting it into to deal with the formatting. Some only paste plain text, others will convert the formatting to its own WYSIWYG formatting.

• GMAIL accepts such formatted content and includes it in the email with this formatting, and I believe it does this as HTML.