Locking down a TW

I would like a way of locking down my TW so data can be entered, copy and pasted into another app but the changed TW itself can not be saved. I am using this TW as a form entry app and the completed form data needs to be inserted into another app. For privacy and security reasons, we do not want to save the enterred data in this TW.

I have investigated the Control Panel and can see how to hide the red save button and other toolbar buttons , (eg. edit, control panel, auto save, etc) but after I set the save button setting, I need to save my ‘locked down’ TW and can not see a way to do that.

Is there a way to do that?

http://cultconv.neocities.org/SES/Hurstville

bobj

1 Like

Can you use a hotkey? ctrl+S works for me (single file setup, open in a Windows desktop browser).

However, in light of your underlying motivation…

Personally, I’d just write the input data to a set of tiddlers that will be excluded by the Saver Filter, which you can modify in $:/config/SaverFilter (determines what triggers the visual “dirty” state) and $:/core/save/all (determines what actually gets saved). By default, any tiddlers with the $:/temp prefix won’t get saved, so that would be my go-to for this sort of thing, but you could define any filter you liked—e.g. -[tag[Job]] if you were assigning the “Job” tag to each new tiddler generated by the form.

EDIT: To avoid modifying the core tiddler, you can define a new global macro in a separate tiddler with the $:/tags/Global tag, as documented in the Saving Mechanism:

\define publishFilter() -[tag[Job]]
1 Like

Search for and open the save button tiddler:

$:/core/ui/Buttons/save-wiki
2 Likes

If you are serving a HTML wiki, then this won’t be a problem. Just like people can’t edit tw5-com.

If using nodejs wiki, see Built-in externalimages build corrupts original image files ¡ Issue #4484 ¡ Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 ¡ GitHub , just remove filesystem plugin.

Or use a random password, so everyone will be reader (only with correct password you can be a Writer) How to change user name on cli when providing authenticated-user-header ¡ Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 ¡ Discussion #7469 ¡ GitHub

1 Like

thanks everyone, good suggestions. @clsturgeon’s seems the simplest so will use that.