List widget by tag and some of the title

Hi, I had an account here and I’m not sure where it went… anyway.

On my wiki at taonaw.com/wiki (on gitlab) I have a CaptainLog page which shows a list of entries, with <<list-links "[tag[CaptainLog]]">>. Simple enough.

I want to start organizing those by years and months. The titles are the dates, so for example, today’s title will be 20230423.1423. this makes it simple enough to sort the list by title… but I’m not sure what the syntax is going to be. Something like:

<<list-links "[tag[CaptainLog] title[202201*]]">> for example, will display all the posts from 2022-01, <<list-links "[tag[CaptainLog] title[202202*]]">> for 2022-02, and so on. Then I could use headers between these widgets to put the title for the month if I want.

I’m sure there’s a more sophisticated/automated way to do this too.

So, how do I go at it?

Thanks!

The filter operator title is a generator, (there’s a different word for it), so it will try to generate title “202201*”. Unless you literally have that as a title, your filter will not create any output.

You can use the prefix operator to separate out particular months. For instance, if you wanted November you could use this:

<<list-links "[tag[CaptainLog]prefix[202211]]">>

The list-links macro is really cool and handy, but as your needs grow you will probably need to switch over to using nested list widgets, or maybe list widgets wrapped around the list-links macro. For instance, when you want to group your data by months.