List filter when some tiddler change

I’m trying to use innerwiki to allow me see changes to a widget without reload.

The example I saw uses a list widget which refreshes when a hello.js tiddler changes. So i tried the same with ‘…text[]join[]’ over several tiddlers.

It works partially. If I add a ‘throw “test”’ in the widget, I do see that the list widget refreshes (since i see nothin, as expected), but when I remove it, it doesn’t refresh to show the original content

Is there another filter I should use?

Use a filter closer to the example I provided at:

The idea is that the list widget will refresh its contents whenever the output of the filter changes:

<$list name=refresh filter="[[hello.js]get[text]]">

That’s why I use [[hello.js]get[text]]. The output of the filter will change whenever the text of hello.js changes.

You are using [text[]join[]] which is completely different from [get[text]join[]]. The former is shorthand for [field:text[]join[]] which means return the titles of the tiddlers which have empty text field. The output of that filter will only change if you change a text field back and forth between empty and non-empty.

So you should use something like this whose output fill change anytime the text fields of the two tiddlers change:

<$list name=refresh filter="myfile1.js myfile2.js :and[get[text]join[]]">

get[text] doesn't help. I should say that I'm trying to refresh when any tiddler under $:/plugins/me/something/ changes, so the full filter is [all[shadows+tiddlers]prefix[$:/plugins/me/something]get[text]] +[join[]]` which doesn’t work.

I don’t know what to tell you. It works for me. See it in action at this share site link.

I debugged a bit and I think it is generally something to do with how the innerwiki is rendered that fails after a second refresh (in my case). I see the iframe in the dom tree, but nothing shows on screen. If I edit and cancel the edit then the innerwiki is displayed as usual.