Limit backup frequency/total numbers in TiddlyDesktop?

I am unsure why TD does so many backups. Is it one per save? Is it automated to do one every 15 minutes? I would like to limit this and also limit how many days to keep. Just realized that one of my instances has over 1.13GB of backup files. That’s a bit much for a test instance…

So is there a way to limit this?

@dixonge it depends on which saver and backup method you use. I use Timimi for local wikis and it uses a tower of Hanoi that cycles between a small set of tiddlers.

Look into the backup settings for whatever save method you are using, or consider another one.

There are other options as well but have a look first.

As a General rule with tiddlywiki If you think

Why has this not being done before now?

The answer is;

It has. you just do not know it yet!

Default settings in TiddlyDesktop (per the title) - and I just went through the settings again and found none for backups (other than file/path)

TiddlyDesktop seems to only generate serial files, I used to just visit the backup folder every now and then and sort date modified and delete everything after say the last 20.

However to suggest an update to this process consider asking at Issues · TiddlyWiki/TiddlyDesktop · GitHub

Found the appropriate rule condition so that Hazel can monitor the folder and delete everything before yesterday.

1 Like