Learning materials

Dear all,

I am very interested in TiddlyWiki and would like to use it to prepare my research manuscripts.
Since I am a newcomer and not a programmer, I need some learning materials for a beginner. Could you recommend me some easy materials like manual pdfs and videos? I would be appreciated for your kind support.

Best regards,
Hao

Hello Hao,

welcome to the world of TiddlyWiki.

My favourite material is Grok TiddlyWiki written and maintained by Soren Bjornstad.

Here is the link: Grok TiddlyWiki
Regards Odder

6 Likes

Welcome @odder and @nano888 tiddlywiki.com also has resources in addition to documentation. Even an empty.html wiki and its system tiddlers demonstrate how things are done and can help while learning.

But dont worry about asking silly questions in this forum. We all started that way.

1 Like

Hello nano888,

Feel free to tell us more about your research.

For tasks and design challenges that are common to many users, you should consider some plugin tools that allow you to do more things “out of the box.”

If your research involves organizing reference materials or bibliographical sources, you might really appreciate the RefNotes plugin.

The broadest helpful plugin for various design and utility purposes is Shiraz.

Both RefNotes and Shiraz are developed and very well maintained by @Mohammad, who is very often at this forum.

Of course, if your research is in a specific technical field, there may be other tools already developed by others that help you handle special needs (equations, diagrams, etc.)

It’s always worth asking a question here, because many people here have so much experience, and can help point the way to a flexible and powerful solution.

-Springer

4 Likes