Kansas Railroad Wiki code behind the magic

After a week visiting the 9 month old grandson, I’m finally getting around to sharing some of the code behind my Kansas Railroad wiki that I debuted in this discussion. Sorry for being tardy on responding. I was hoping that I could do some of this while on the trip, but was way too distracted.

I’ll start by addressing some of the specific questions that I received and then will go where the discussion takes things. There are probably way more efficient ways of accomplishing the same things. Any suggestions on improvements would be much appreciated.

One of the questions was how I showed the status of some of the railroads by the colored dots and the lighter font. Both of these are shown in the code snippet below. The entire code is here: Railroads.json (9.9 KB)

<span style="font-size: 0.9em;">Note: Italics and lighter font indicates a paper railroad.</span>
    <ul class="scrollwindow" style="margin: 10px -10px 0 0; max-width: 480px; overflow-x: hidden; height: 900px;">
      <$list filter="[title[$:/state/rrfind]get[text]!compare:string:eq[]]">
        <$list filter="[all[tiddlers]subfilter{$:/state/subfilter}]">
            <$set name="status" filter="[all[current]subfilter{$:/state/fieldforstatus}]">
            <li>
              <$list filter="[all[current]filter<status>]">
                <$list filter="[all[current]!search:rrfield[Paper]]">
                  <<HB4>> <$link to=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field=title/></$link>
                </$list>
                <$list filter="[all[current]search:rrfield[Paper]]">
                  <span class="paperclass">
                    <<HB4>> <$link to=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field=title/></$link>
                  </span>
                </$list>
              </$list>
              <$list filter="[all[current]!filter<status>]">
                <$list filter="[all[current]!search:rrfield[Paper]]">
                  <<HB0>> <$link to=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field=title/></$link>
                </$list>
                <$list filter="[all[current]search:rrfield[Paper]]">
                  <span class="paperclass">
                    <<HB0>> <$link to=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field=title/></$link>
                  </span>
                </$list>
              </$list>
            </li>
          </$set>
        </$list>
      </$list>
    </ul>

The radio buttons are used to select which status field is used to color the Harvey Balls. I have paper railroad in a lighter, italicized text which is based on a field also.

The horizontal bar charts being used for status are generated using BarChart Demo Edition — a demo of the plugin. Full code here: Progress Info.json (1.2 KB)

The vertical bar charts were generated using ECharts — Awesome Visualization Library for TiddlyWiki5. Full code here: Charts.json (606 Bytes). All of the bar charts are based on fields.

Please review the images of my original post in this discussion if it’s been too long. I would love to share more of the code or address any more questions that should arise.

5 Likes

@HistoryBuff
Thanks for sharing these with us.
I would like to see the code used in the tiddler ChartersByDecade or MileageByDecade
I was trying to use echarts for one of my projects as told in this post

1 Like

Sure thing. Attached are the two json files.

ChartersByDecade.json (4.8 KB)
MileageByDecade.json (7.2 KB)

1 Like