June 2023, 5 new tips in "Documenting TW"

Hi everyone

I just updated my “Documenting TW” file at Documenting TW — a non-linear personal web notebook.

It has the following five tutorials:

Wrapping transclusions - really this one is just a link to the post with TW Tone’s json package
Organizer tiddlers for long article tiddlers - something I described here but never added to Documenting TW.
Redspan css class - handy way of doing color schemes that encompass bullets, headers, tables and links
Special trick for fast creation of alias links - just the editorbutton keyboard shortcut, which TW Tones pointed out to me today
Fine-tuning page breaks - Emily’s solution for me today

Documenting TW is just a storage site for myself to remember where I keep things, but I take the time to explain them in case someone finds something helpful and wants to know how to do it.

I know I am overlooking a few things people helped me to do, things I end up digging around in my old files for. When I think of them I will add those, too.

Blessings.

11 Likes

@DaveGifford have you tested setting class=redspan on a tiddler to achieve the same result?, I tested it on your site and it works. This simplifies its application (no span needed in the text) and also allows you to find all tiddlers with the redspan class set quite easily. Perhaps even select from one or more custom classes.

Thanks for sharing.

I’m not sure I’m following you. What precisely are you proposing I do so that no span is needed in the text field of the tiddler? Class field with the value redspan?

oh, wow, that IS what you were suggesting. In had no idea that existed! Thank you for pointing that out to me, that is going to save me a lot of time and messiness!

1 Like