Jsonmangle not working on 5.2.0 node server

jsonmangler 2.2.5 does not seem to function anymore on nodejs with tw5.2.0

I have exactly the same setup for 5.1.23 and 5.2.0. It,s all fine in 5.1.23 but totally broken in 5.2.0. I run tw via node.js in a docker container under linux.

Here are some screen capture to help see what could be wrong. First, the failing tests:

Now, the state of jsonmangler plugin

and last the state of modloader plugin:

I had drag’n dropped modloder, then refreshed after autosave the drag,ndropped json mangler then refreshed then open the test tiddler (taken from jsonmangler, I just change the data tiddler name and yes this is not the bug that it can’t find the json tiddler).

I recommend creating an issue so the plugin developer is aware of the problem:

Hi, thanks for posting this.

The way that JSONMangler works is that it actually patches Core javascript files as they are loaded. With the changes from 5.1.23 to 5.1.20, I would have to manually regenerate these Patch files to “update” the plugin to the current core version.

I have been thinking about ways around this step, because it means without some-one actively updating, this plugin will fall behind.

For the time being, I recommend having one wiki (single-file 5.1.23), or a separate “local” install of the 5.1.23 TW repo to run the wiki that needs JSONMangler, using that to manipulate the JSONs as needed. That may not work for you if it is more embedded in your workflow than converting JSON data into tiddlers…

Until bob.exe is upgraded the current version uses 5.1.23 this may be the best way to get a seperate node environment for tunning JSON Mangler.

If there are not many patches and they are easy to document that may be sufficient to install it on the later tiddlywiki version. Can we just compare with with the original the core tiddlers in the JSON Mangler plugin?

Would it be possible that instead of patching the core, we could get additional filter operator to extract json from a json tiddler? I think of something like [[jsontiddler]getjson[/foo/bar]]as far a reading data is concerned?

Of course, writing to json through action widget is not possible without patching. Or getting an action-setjsonwidget to do it. In the end, it would mean less troubles wrt upgrades.

1 Like

For the time being, if I understand you correctly, you say I should instal a tw5.2.0 server next to a 5.1.23 server, the latter being asked for any json operation. But how would I do the two of them to coorperate? This does not seem a trivial task to me! Same question if tw 5.1.23 is a single file wiki.

For the time being, I’m sticking to a lone 5.1.23 server and bear with it.