Issues saving via Webdav on PCloud

Hi,

I try to use a single file wiki on PCloud’s webdav (following these instructions), but every time I try to save I have the error below. I’m using version 5.2.6. I would appreciate any suggestion on what is causing this and how to address it. Thanks!

1 Like

Third party services that offer WebDAV access over HTTP can be unreliable and many are getting discontinued. You can try uploading a wiki with this plugin installed: WebDav-lm — PUT saver using last-modified

1 Like

First off – do you have a paid account with PCloud ? It now sadly only works with the paid accounts.

Next, it’s pretty clear pcloud isn’t assigning their best servers to handling webdav. I get errors and lags, and have to submit a save sometimes more than once. But it does seem to work – just a bit clunky. If you’re not close to one of the two countries where the servers are located, then that might add to the problems.

Recap of testing

Tested 2023-03-22 using TW 5.2.6 in Chromium (Chrome-like) browser. No special plugins required. After signing into pcloud in one tab, then in another opened

https://webdav.pcloud.com

There was a box for logging in. Used credentials to log-in. Got error. Refreshed tab. In. Navigated to TW. Clicked to open. Made changes. Saved. Error. Refreshed. Made changes. Saved. Waited. Wiki save was successful.

2 Likes

To be clear, since this version has not being released yet this should be called “TW 5.2.6 prerelease”.

TW5.2.6 was released two days ago (2023-03-20).
Perhaps you missed Jeremy’s announcment?

I did, I am surprised, but only today did a refresh on my ttiddlywiki.com tab show the updated version.

Thank you all! :slight_smile:
@Mark_S - Yes, I have PCloud pro, and I tried the “patient” way but it does not work - I either get the same error, I am invited to input my credentials again, or the file falls back on the default saving mechanism and tries to download the file again.
@saqimtiaz - Thank you, I tested the plugin, and there are no more errors, I have the “file saved” message everytime. The problem is it does not really seem to save everything. For instance if I create and save tiddlers A, B, C and D, when I open the file again only tiddler A is saved.

I guess Pcloud is not reliable and I should not rely on it :frowning: