Is there a way to filter by day of the week?

This is an obscure idea but anyway…
Lets say I had a Tiddler called Saturday. Is there a way to make it appear in the story list on Saturdays only? Likewise, tiddlers for the other 6 days.
It doesn’t have to be the title, it could be a tag or the word in a dayofweek field. Just some way to make the current day show up in the river.

Why? I want to list things that occur on saturday. I don’t really need to check them off, they are just always there (water the houseplants, take out the garbage, that kind of thing).

Yes, you can use the now macro.

In $:/ControlPanel > Default tiddlers, add the line

[<now DDD>match[Saturday]]

→ List the tiddler Saturday if Saturday match the current day of the week

On saturday, the tiddler Saturday will be displayed on startup / when the home button is clicked.

To use a tag instead of a title :

[<now DDD>match[Saturday]tagging[]]

→ If Saturday match the current day of the week, list all tiddler tagged with Saturday

If you want to do this for every day of the week :

[<now DDD>tagging[]]

→ List all tiddler tagged with the current day of the week

To use a field, assuming a tiddler with a field named “day” set to Saturday :

[contains:day<now DDD>]

→ List all tiddler with a field day set to the current day of the week

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ll give this a try.

I have done something similar in the past. However you do it, do consider having a “touch date” button, that sets a field touch-date or similar with now. You can then list all tiddlers with say Sunday with a touch-date < -6 days ago (use the days operator) then on sunday when you read or do the item just “touch it” and it will leave the list as it is now done (for this week) and will reappear next week, and all following weeks unless you touch it. You could make the touch button display along side listed items.

One trick is to use timestamp=off in the touch button and then the modified date remain true to when the tiddler was last modified, not just touched.

Nice use of the new macro-parameters-in-filters option! This would have been quite tricky to accomplish before.

1 Like