Is there a way to copy/paste from an Excel spreadsheet into a series of fields?

Let’s say I have an Excel spreadsheet with the cells:

• A1
  • A2
  • A3
  • A4
  • A5

Then I want to copy/paste that info into a series of fields, like:

• field-name-1
  • field-name-2
  • field-name-3
  • field-name-4
  • field-name-5

I am curious, has anything like this ever been done?

Have a look at the XLSX Utils plugin from the official plugin library:

https://tiddlywiki.com/#Installing%20a%20plugin%20from%20the%20plugin%20library

In addition to XLSX utilities @saqimtiaz pointed out, you can also use the JSON Mangler plugin, I have a dedicated TiddlyWiki for both that acts as a data preparation wiki then drag and drop to the target wiki.

It is also possible to export as CSV file, then paste that into a tiddler and write your own parsing, but XLSX and JSON Mangler save a lot of fuss. They are good investment of your time if you do a lot of data interchange.

XLSX imports them as desired in to tiddlers, JSON Mangler packages the tiddler into a single plugin tiddler.

1 Like

I may be being slow, but…How do I use the XLSX plugin?
I think I have set it up correctly, but dragging my spreadsheet into tiddlywiki (I’m using a new empty) and nothing happens.
Anybody got some working examples?

Never mind…I didn’t have it set up correctly. An error message or two would be nice :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any working examples, just to show the range/ different options off?
I thought I might get the ball rolling by uploading a small wiki and associated exel file but I can’t upload either here. Where would be good in terms of ease of access?