Is it possible to replace an overwritten viewTemplate with a viewTemplate inserted by the cascade mechanism

@Mohammad made an edition that can take volantis to 5.31.
https://kookma-volantis-template.tiddlyhost.com/
But there are some issues which have kept me from using it in wikis I depend on:

1. Volantis overwrites the viewTemplate and the editTemplate which I really hate to do. Could this be healed using the cascade-mechanism?
  2. If Tiddlers are sent to float above the storyriver, they do not easily return back to the normal state. They keep a fixed position. (Experimenting with this problem I found, the only way to put them back to the river is by turning them to Edit-Mode and back. Perhaps this problem would also go away

Could these two problems be solved to make so stable that it can be uses not only in experiments but in workhorse-wikis?

at risk of a slight tangent, were you able to get this working with 5.3.x? tried with my 5.3.0 wiki and a current (5.3.1) empty.html with volant and repopup installed, and the edit-template controls (save, cancel etc) did not respond to clicks. unless you were saying you’re making a 5.3 update?

I dragged over myVolantis is to the updater and everything seems to work - but this is one reason I dislike overwriting the viewtemplate.