Is it possible to create an equivalent of Jump command seen in tiddlywiki classic

https://classic.tiddlywiki.com/#JumpCommand

Is it possible to create an equivalent of Jump command seen in tiddlywiki classic.

I presume you are referring to jump to an open tiddler, Basically you construct a select widget to select from the open tiddlers, look at the open tab for some ideas $:/core/ui/SideBar/Open
*basically use a the select widget with the filter [list<tv-story-list>]

Here is a draft that needs a little work but 90% of the way!

\define on-select-actions() <$action-navigate $to={{$:/temp/jump-tiddler}}/>
<$select tiddler="$:/temp/jump-tiddler" actions=<<on-select-actions>> >
<$list filter='[list<tv-story-list>]'>
<option value=<<currentTiddler>>><$view field='title'/></option>
</$list>
</$select>
1 Like

Thankyou @TW_Tones for your prompt help.
I will test it and give the feedback. I want to make this into a viewtoolbar button and use it for easy navigation to tiddlers within the story river. I would also like to see how it works with the multicolumn layout.

If you place this into the view toolbar it works but is over size. Rather than the select widget you may need to do a different drop down. Alternatively the jump button can go in the menu bar, if you install that there are instructions to make a drop down, and the advantage is its always visible at the top of the screen. I have one somewhere…

I have one as part of another package, if you want to extract the jump menu from it let me know!

There’s also this QuickJump plugin: Eucaly's Tiddly World — – powered by TiddlyWiki (v5.1.0)

I like it for (non-linear) presentations because it doesn’t require a menu bar, and is easy to use when sidebar is hidden.

-Springer

2 Likes

This looks similar to the TW Classic version (I just checked it in my mobile). Looks like this was what I was looking for. Will check on my desktop and comment later. Thank you @Springer

This one works as intended. Thank you for sharing @Springer . It will be need some tweaking for working with multicolumn plug in I think because of the multiple stories it uses. Will have to ask @BurningTreeC