[INTRO] Palette Watch Plugin

The Palette Watch Plugin

palette-switcher-startup-05

allows you to watch browser or OS theme switches dynamically

Demo

The Palette Watch plugin depends on the Palette Switcher plugin for the ControlPanel UI.

Settings

In the ControlPanelSettings → WikiLabs → Palette Watch tab can be used to change the settings.

Setup The Startup Actions

1. Scroll down to: Dynamically Detect Browser or OS Light / Dark Theme Changes, to

2. Click the “Create _/dynamic/light-dark/detection” button, it will create a new startup action, that is tagged: $:/tags/DarkLightChangeActions

title: _/startup/light-dark/detection
caption: {{$:/language/ControlPanel/Palette/Config/Detection/Caption}}
code-body: yes
tags: $:/tags/StartupAction/Browser

<$reveal type="match" stateTitle="$:/config/palette/enable-light-dark-detection" text="yes">
	<$let default={{{ [<dark-mode>match[yes]then[$:/config/palette/default-dark]else[$:/config/palette/default-light]] }}}>
		<$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/palette" text={{{ [<default>get[text]] }}}/>
	</$let>
</$reveal>

Palette Watch Action is Enabled by Palette Switcher Plugin

Palette watch depends on Palette Switcher for dark / light configuration UI

WikiLabs Suite

The WikiLabs Main Page gives an overview about all editions, plugins and themes.

There is an Introduction Video how to make the WikiLabs Plugin Library available in your own wikis, accessible from the ControlPanel → Plugins → Get More Plugins dialogue.

Show Screenshot

Code

About Open Source

Most open source software is free of charge and that’s a good thing! But that does not mean, that there are no costs for someone to create, support and maintain it.

So if you use it: Support it!

Have fun!
Mario

2 Likes

Thank you, the “Create _/dynamic/light-dark/detection example tiddler” button is very important, because even me will feel it difficult to add new action tiddler.

I click this button to auto create one, and it works very well in TidGi app, the palette dark mode is auto triggered to sync with system mode!
I will bring this with TidGi’s default template wiki, and create the action tiddler for new user in advance, because I believe most people that switch from Evernote/Notion won’t know how it works and means.