How to write motivational aphorisms on the background of tiddlywiki

This effect is made with ppt, or I did not think of better than this effect, I want to put many inspirational sayings in the most prominent position of tiddlywiki, which can motivate me to work hard on the right road

I don’t know of any technique to fix content to the story river background, although I’m sure it’s possible, but would a technique for pinning content to the top of the story river help? Pin Tiddler To First Place On StoryRiver.

1 Like

There emptystorymessage as described by @pmario in this post - How to make each day’s Journal tiddler as the default tiddler for that particular day - #10 by pmario

But this will appears only on closing all tiddlers in the story

2 Likes

Very helpful. Thank you so much. Its ui design is gorgeous, which is a boon for OCD sufferers. Unable to delete a tiddler when the tiddler is frozen, I can use this mechanism to manage To-do list. I tested it, fixed a lot of aphorisms, and then created a new tiddler tool that automatically moved the article being edited to the very center of the web page, which was clever

I followed the Big God method and the result was that the newly created note had a getting start tiddler embedded in it and an extra title at the bottom that I could click on and create. What seems strange about it

Check this link and click the close all button in the sidebar image

1 Like

Have a closer look at: --- I'll Be Back --- Story Backdrop

1 Like

You could look at modals or alerts in tiddlywiki.com as a way to display motivational aphorisms in your face, and not “in the background”. Simply writing a tiddler that displays the motivational aphorisms and tagging it with $:/tags/AboveStory is a quick approach.

1 Like

Your solution worked even better than I expected. I was able to replace the bold headline with a bold motivational motto that reminded me to stick with it every time I opened tiddlywiki.

As far as I am concerned, there is a trade-off to be faced. Before this, I set the default opening of the tiddlywiki homepage to “heat map”, which can also reflect the visual feedback of whether I am actively studying every day. It seems that the two cannot coexist at the same time. When all the tiddlers in the story river are closed, they give themselves comfort, a spiritual sustenance, and give themselves a sudden feeling of moving and happiness

Thank you very much for the solution, it is also very perfect, it can display my “heat map” and the motto, you may not find it without looking carefully at the background of tiddlywiki, only when you are meditative, very focused, you can see this inspirational motto, make yourself work harder

@XYZ Can’t you transclude the heat map tiddler in the tiddler containing the text

1 Like

Thanks a lot, this is also a solution in line with my expectations, I will include them all in my main tiddlywiki, either one is very useful

1 Like

That sounds reasonable. I’ll give it a try

Is there a way to turn four shadow tiddlers that are functional into regular tiddlers that are functional? I tried to add the same tag as the original title, it doesn’t seem to work? Or add a field? All answers would be appreciated

Shadow tiddlers are commonly excluded from filter lists. To include them in filters start the fiter with [all[shadows+tiddlers]...

• if you edit a shadow tiddler it becomes a regular tiddler.

Why are you showing the Import tiddler?

1 Like

Ok thanks a lot. I was worried about exporting shadow tiddlers. You provided a logical filter code for both normal tiddlers and shadow tiddlers