How to use tm-modal widget to open a tiddler in edit mode

In a project of mine to create a budget manger based on tiddlytables task manger, there is a button to create new tiddlers based on a template using tm-new-tiddler widget.

Click on the new year + button

This button is based on the tbl-caption field of $:/plugins/aaldrich/budget-manager/year-table

<div style="text-align:center;">''Budget Manager'' <$button class="tc-btn-invisible"><$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" $param="Year"/>''new year{{$:/core/images/new-button}}''</$button>// <$button> <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-modal" $param="Year" /> Open </$button>//</div><br>''<$tiddler tiddler=<<currentRecord>>><$transclude mode="block" field="footer"/> </$tiddler>

The newly created tiddler will open in story river. I want this newly created tiddler to be opened in a modal in edit mode - from where I can enter the content and save it. Is it possible ?

I tried to add tm-modal widget - in the tbl-caption field, but this opens the template tiddler only - that too in view mode.

I guess this might not be possible easily at the moment

https://basicanywheremachine.neocities.org/About_BASIC.html

https://basicanywheremachine.neocities.org/About_BASIC.html#:[[BASIC%20Matrix]][[Add%20BASIC%20Dialect]][[New%20BASIC%20Dialect%20Template]]

These looks similar to what I am trying to achieve. I will have to read the code used here.

I have made something similar that lets you edit the tiddler in a new window. I expect this can be adapted to work in a modal. The key is to make use of edittemplate mechanisium within your modal.

Let me know if you are interested.

I think you have shared it before in google groups. Will check it out and let you know.

@TW_Tones I added your new window json into my wiki and added an option Open in new window next to the the add new year option at the top of the budget manager tiddler.

See the code for the new button in the tbl-caption field of the tiddler $:/plugins/aaldrich/budget-manager/year-table

It does open the Year template tiddler in a new window in edit mode, but the title can’t be edited to create a new tiddler. I want to create a new tiddler based on the Year template, similar to what happens when I click on the + button using tm-new-tiddlerwidget

Also if the above requested feature is possible, can you guide me how to modify the current code for opening the tiddler in edit mode in a modal instead of a new window.

Hi,
I will see what I can do but to edit a new tiddler in the window you would use a button to create a new tiddler then open that in the new window for edit.