How to update TiddlyMap to Release 0.17.16?

I have been busy since mid-September changing over from Windows to Linux and I left TiddlyWiki fall to the wayside. I’m ready now to return to TiddlyWiki and start using it daily.

One question that I have is how to update my current TiddlyMap release which is 0.17.7 to 0.17.16. The TiddlyMap.org website redirects me as follows: “Please note that [this] site is an outdated showcase site that is not maintained anymore. Updates are provided via the GitHub repository.” In the Github repository I don’t see how to install and update to the new release.

i would be grateful for any assistance.

I note at the bottom of the Git Hub page;

For a quick test of the build result drag & drop the tiddlymap.json file residing in the bundle folder into one of your wikis to install the compiled plugin. Of course you need to make sure(!) that this wiki also has all the plugins installed TiddlyMap depends on (most importantly tw5-vis-network). So for testing purposes, you could drag your compiled plugin into http://tiddlymap.org, which satisfies all dependencies already.

But I cant find tiddlymap.json in the repository.

I forgot to add that I’m using TiddlyDesktop and it’s installed in /opt/TiddlyDesktop!

You can install it via the CPL.
Step 1: install the CPL plugin from TW-CPL — 太微插件聚合中心
Step 2: Save and reload your wiki
Step 3: Open Control Panel and go to the CPL tab, “load database” and then search for TiddlyMap

This should also allow for easier updates in the future.

1 Like

Thank you very much. The update worked with no problem!