How to prevent a Tiddler from a refresh

I’m trying understand the refresh mechanism. The throttle.refresh field might be helpful, but ideally I think I want to completely block a specific Tiddler from the refresh mechanism. I only want a specific Tiddler refreshed when the Tiddler first appears in the River. I have a Tiddler that shows a scatter diagram that takes a second or two to appear. There is no need to refresh this diagram.

Besides preventing a Tiddler from refreshing is it possible to prevent elements within a Tiddler from refresh?

Thanks

G’day,

My suggestion: setup a “static view” tiddler for “tiddler A” (whatever your tiddler with the diagram is.)

Upon startup of the TiddlyWiki, set the text of your “static view” tiddler = the text that results from wikifying tiddler A as tiddler A exists at startup time.

If you want the ability to manually refresh the “static view” tiddler, set up a button somewhere to manually redo what the startup process did.

Something like that.

@Charlie_Veniot thank you. I am considering the caching approach.

How does the refresh work? I noticed the leaflet plugin, which shows maps, does not refresh when new tiddlers are generated that would appear on the map. The Tiddler showing the map has to be closed and reopened to be refreshed. What is driving/controlling this behaviour?

I would have gone pure/pristine TiddlyWiki approach, but it makes a lot of sense for you to go with what you know. If you know caching and want to go caching, then caching it ought to be.

I can’t comment on the leaflet plugin. I’ve never used it. My guess, if you have to close a tiddler and reopen it for the leaflet, or whatever it is called, to be refreshed: it involves an iframe that is not wrapped by some widget that triggers reload of the iframe. Something so that a change in some tiddler causes a change to the source URL for that iframe. (Sniffs like the only thing causing refresh of the map is opening/closeing the tiddler containing the map; editing and saving/closing the same tiddler should also cause refresh of the map.)

The widget I posted in this thread might be helpful:

1 Like

Brilliant. This does not answer my question but solves my issue. However, I suspect I will learn a few things if I review the widget. Thank you.