How to pop open external links in new window when using TW in full-screen mode

When I am using TW in full-screen, suppose I click on an external link within a tiddler. What happen now is that , the TW or browser will come out of full-screen mode and open the external link in a new tab or new window. Is there any way to keep the TW or the browser opened in fullscreen mode itself and open the external link as a small sized new window over the TW in full-screen mode (similar to a pop up window). Is there any browser addon or plug ins for this function ?

It is a way you do things;

Place this in a tiddler

https://tiddlywiki.com/#Mechanisms

<$button message="tm-full-screen">
Full screen toggle
</$button>

Enter full screen mode;

• If you click on the link it will open the address in the browser, as a rule the focus will be transferred to the new window because that is what people expect, and yes as a result you fall out of full screen.
  • If however you hold the shift key, before you click or even right click then the link will be opened silently in the background, and you stay in full screen.

This should also work if you have opened a single tiddler in full screen mode. It may also work with internal links as well.

Tones

1 Like

Thank you @TW_Tones. Shift+clicking the external link will do the trick for me in fullscreen mode of TW.

1 Like