How to modify the output of url when saving a tiddler with spaces between words

I need help please. I’ve searched the previous posts and cannot find anything that resolves my problem, but I admit that I may be using the wrong terminology.

I use Tiddlywiki as a blog webpage and would like to know if there is a way to save tiddlers with hyphens between words instead of %20.

For example, if I create a new tiddler with the heading “Hello World”, the url shows as …Hello%20World.html.

How can I make it show as …hello-world.html?

I hope this makes sense.

It makes perfect sense but for one tiny problem: that’s how URLs are encoded.

For more discussion…

I didn’t know that, so thank you. I’ve learned something today. :slight_smile:

However, I notice that the heading of this question is full of spaces, but the url fills those spaces with hyphens. How was that done? Why can’t I achieve that on my blog too? I don’t understand.

Hi @TheScribe

Could you outline how you are saving these tiddlers? Are you using the “export” buttons in the TiddlyWiki UI, or are you using Node.js commands to save the tiddlers?

In either case there are workarounds to allow something other than the encoded tiddler title to be used as the filename.

To date I have been uploading a single file via GitHub. I am slowly learning how to improve everything that I’m doing with Tiddlywiki. It’s a learning curve. Should I be exporting the file to a specific file first? Or is there another way around the issue?

Apologies I am still not clear what you are doing. What is the single file you are uploading to GitHub? Is it TiddlyWiki itself, or a file exported from TiddlyWiki? How are you running TiddlyWiki?

Is this the blog in question The Desk of KLF — reading - writing - publishing - and more?

Are you referring to the actual filename (the part before .html) or the part of URL after the # character?

You could use hyphenated titles, then put the spaced title in a caption field.

@jeremyruston - I save a single file Tiddlywiki as a HTML file to my laptop and then upload the file to GitHub manually. I’m yet to learn how to use a terminal to save and publish the file directly to GitHub. I’m currently using Tiddlywiki 5.3.1.

@saqimtiaz - Yes, that’s my website. And yes, I mean the part following the # character.

@john.edw_gmail.com - I have seen this option so I’ve made a note of it and will check it out. Thank you for the suggestiion.