How to make a tiddlywiki Easter egg

I want to pop up this fake error box when I open tiddlywiki, (or can actively trigger it in some cases) seems to be a kind of psychological comfort for me, so that my personal data is not easy to leak easily, I can’t find the tiddlywiki source function (javascript) that can trigger this error pop-up, I have tried to use the web browser’s code review tool to review the occasional error pop-up, but I don’t know what to do with the error value returned on the console. For the average user, this may also serve as an April Fool’s Day Tiddlywiki easter egg, but I don’t want to do this, and the method I may have to use comes from post How to embed web effects into a tid so that they work on the background of tiddlywiki - #9 by wattahay

This is my initiative to delete the core plug-in core and did not save this wrong version and actively triggered, it looks like there is a pop-up box that is actively triggered after the function logic, and some error messages pop up on the browser console, but I am not sensitive to them

See How do I force cancel the error code of the browser console through Tiddlers' settings without connecting to a remote server?

@XYZ try and keep related matters in the one topic or thread, if you must divide them please ensure they are linked and mentioned.

1 Like

A better way is to use startup action together with modal.

Here is an example

example tip

This seems like a Chinese tiddlywiki forum, which is interesting, but the logic of its website backend is not clear to me

This Chinese forum seems like don’t have my problems, but it has more error problems that I don’t understand

There is no need to study every error. In fact, these errors have little to do with tiddlywiki

If you understand how these errors come about, I think it would be interesting to be able to do more cool tiddlers

I think that’s the wrong way to approach a “privacy” related topic.

If you really want to “hide” information, you should use the built-in encryption, using the “Set Password” button in the right sidebar → Tools tab. This will encrypt your wiki prior to saving it.

See: https://tiddlywiki.com/#Encryption

The RSOE (red screen of embarrassment) is no April Fool’s Day joke, nor is it an Easter egg.

The TW core developers try hard to avoid this screen. All TW internal functions try to fail silently as long as we can gurantee, that the internal state is safe. We use sensible default values for almost every core API function.

The RSOE typically means, that a core function broke and we cannot guarantee data integrity anymore.

Showing this screen as a joke will do harm to TiddlyWiki’s reputation, because most users will connect this message to our “product” and not to your site.

I will strongly discourage the use of the RSOE message for anything else as a real problem.

3 Likes

OK you got me :wink: I should have had a closer look at the date - well done.

Usually I’m using it myself.,I seem to be fascinated by the UI design of this error box.,I’m curious about its trigger rules.,Or pop up a pop-up box that retains its text style.,CSS style.,I think it’s funny.,Directly through tiddlywiki’s built-in encryption button When I force the export of tiddlers.,If the body content is not garbled,Then I don’t think this encryption makes sense.,On the contrary, I think this can scare off some clever ghosts who make them to me. Tiddlywiki doesn’t know where to start

Even just a different color background to a similar message popup would make it more acceptable.

This may really be a psychological consolation, and occasionally the third-party plugins I install correctly will pop up an error box, and I can’t take my anger out on the tiddlywiki I worked so hard to make for crashing (implicating the innocent), but it’s unpleasant that I still use this plugin that makes me feel bad because I have no choice. Perhaps the “RSOE” in the question I asked at the beginning could be used for a kind of peaceful effect, the so-called reversal of the extreme, as shown in the image below:

As I mentioned before, you may just want a popup that triggers on startup, you can see this example

It is not recommended to use red pop-ups, no one likes this color and style

https://tw-cn.netlify.app/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Foeyoews%2Ftiddlywiki-random-tip:%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Foeyoews%2Ftiddlywiki-random-tip%20%24%3A%2FControlPanel%20%24%3A%2FCommander%20欢迎来到太微!

1 Like

Well, it seems that my thinking is really complicated, thank you for helping me with the ideas

If you’re open to additional tidbits, might I suggest error code 418?

1 Like

That seems like a pretty good plan

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>I'm a teapot</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>418: I'm a teapot</h1>
<p>The requested entity body is short and stout. Tip me over and pour me out.</p>
</body>
</html>

lacking ui design

1 Like