How to insert a title in a 'tag list' before something, without tagging that title

I have for some time being looking for the method to insert another item (newTitle) into a tag list without actually tagging newTitle, and using the list-before or list-after fields.

For example the view template iterates all the items tagged $:/tags/ViewTemplate with this filter

[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplate]!has[draft.of]] 

Now perhaps with cascades you now have a custom view template and you want to include “newTitle” before $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body ?

• But you do not want to tag it with $:/tags/ViewTemplate because it will appear in other viewTemplates
[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplate]!has[draft.of]] +[insertbefore[newTitle],[$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body]]

So this is a filter version of using the list-before field, when newTitle is not tagged.

• Note this is only needed if you want to insert newTitle in the list generated by the tag, otherwise you could

There is another form

\define insert-before() $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body

Then use the following filter

[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplate]!has[draft.of]] +[insertbefore:insert-before[newTitle]]

I wonder why there is not insertafter Operator ? I imagine a clone and edit of $:/core/modules/filters/insertbefore.js would achieve this quite easily.

See the discussion at GitHub about insertafter: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/6551