How to get the currentTiddler information read out in a $:/tags/SideBar Tiddler

Hi,

I want to get the information about the currentTiddler in a tiddler that is part of the side bar.

For example to add in the TableOfContents Tiddler the information “You are here”.

You are here: {{{ [list<tv-story-list>match<currentTiddler>] }}}
<hr>
<div class="tc-table-of-contents">
<<toc-selective-expandable 'TableOfContents'>>
</div>

What is working well in the story river but in the side bar.

What I have to change to get the currentTiddler in the story available in the side bar?

Stefan

currentTiddler is always the tiddler where the “currentTiddler” reference is located.

You might want to consider setting up a sidebar tab that gets tiddler information for all currently open tiddlers.

i.e. something like this but with the info you want, sorted however you want, and presented however you want:

<$list filter="[list<tv-story-list>]">
''{{!!title}}'': {{!!created}}<br>
</$list>```

The currentTiddler variable of the $:/StoryList is not available in the Sidebar, so you have to read it from the $:/HistoryList

The $:/HistoryList has a current-tiddler field, which contains the last tiddler you opened. Or if you click a link it will show that title.

The tv-history-list variable contains the title of the currently active history-list tiddler.

Hi @pmario,

may be I am sitting too long in front of my display to be unable to see my error.

Can you help me here to get the content of the field named “Info” from the current tiddler in my new sidebar tiddler?
As you described I will get the “current-tiddler” information from the HistoryList and from this tiddler the field “Info”.

{{{ [[list<$:/HistoryList>get<current-tiddler>]get[Info]] }}}

Thx in advance
Stefan

The following filter will give you the current-tiddler field of the $:/HistoryList

{{{ [<tv-history-list>get[current-tiddler]] }}}

{{{ [<tv-history-list>get[current-tiddler]get[Info]] }}}
1 Like