How to delete a tag from newly created tiddler with custom user defined fields

Given below is a modified $:/core/ui/Actions/new-journal I use in my wiki with name$:/core/ui/Actions/new-journal-mod to create custom Journal tiddlers,

\define get-tags() $(textFieldTags)$ $(tagsFieldTags)$
\whitespace trim
<$vars journalTitleTemplate={{$:/config/NewJournal/Title}} textFieldTags={{$:/config/NewJournal/Tags}} tagsFieldTags={{$:/config/NewJournal/Tags!!tags}} journalText={{$:/config/NewJournal/Text}}>
<$wikify name="journalTitle" text="""<$macrocall $name="now" format=<<journalTitleTemplate>>/>""">
<$reveal type="nomatch" state=<<journalTitle>> text="">
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" $param="Day" title=<<journalTitle>> tags=<<get-tags>> text={{{ [<journalTitle>get[]] }}}  journal-date=<<now "YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ss000">> month={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} link={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} year={{{[<journalTitle>split[]last[4]join[]]}}} />
</$reveal>
<$reveal type="match" state=<<journalTitle>> text="">
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" $param="Day" title=<<journalTitle>> tags=<<get-tags>> text=<<journalText>>  journal-date=<<now "YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ss000">> month={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} link={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} year={{{[<journalTitle>split[]last[4]join[]]}}} />
</$reveal>
</$wikify>
</$vars>

Since the $param I use to create these tiddlers have a tag called template (which has use elsewhere), I need to delete this tag alone from the newly created Journal tiddlers (I need to retain the Journal tag). I tried using the action listops operator after the tm-new-tiddler message, but it wasn’t working.

\define get-tags() $(textFieldTags)$ $(tagsFieldTags)$
\whitespace trim
<$vars journalTitleTemplate={{$:/config/NewJournal/Title}} textFieldTags={{$:/config/NewJournal/Tags}} tagsFieldTags={{$:/config/NewJournal/Tags!!tags}} journalText={{$:/config/NewJournal/Text}}>
<$wikify name="journalTitle" text="""<$macrocall $name="now" format=<<journalTitleTemplate>>/>""">
<$reveal type="nomatch" state=<<journalTitle>> text="">
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" $param="Day" title=<<journalTitle>> tags=<<get-tags>> text={{{ [<journalTitle>get[]] }}}  journal-date=<<now "YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ss000">> month={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} link={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} year={{{[<journalTitle>split[]last[4]join[]]}}} />
<$action-listops $tags="-template"/>
</$reveal>
<$reveal type="match" state=<<journalTitle>> text="">
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" $param="Day" title=<<journalTitle>> tags=<<get-tags>> text=<<journalText>>  journal-date=<<now "YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ss000">> month={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} link={{{ [<journalTitle>split[,]rest[]] }}} year={{{[<journalTitle>split[]last[4]join[]]}}} />
</$reveal>
</$wikify>
</$vars>

How to modify this code to remove the tag template ??
Here is a demo of the new custom journal button. Check out this new page control button

For the time being the demo wiki I uploaded here is not loading. I will fix it soon.

Try replacing

with

<$action-listops $tiddler={{{ [search:title<journalTitle>] }}} $tags="-template"/>

The added $tiddler={{{ [search:title<journalTitle>] }} param causes the $action-listops widget to target the "Draft of ..." tiddler that is opened by the tm-new-tiddler widget.

1 Like

Thank you @EricShulman . It works :+1: