How to create an editor toolbar button for speech to text plug in

The development of speech to text plug in looks like halted. Currently only the page control button for recording seem to be working - but this creates separate tiddlers for each recording. Okay Wiki command for speech to text also does not seem like working.

So I was thinking whether can there be an editor toolbar button to do speech to text conversion at the cursor position in the tiddler text field. Have anyone else worked along those lines ?

1 Like

If I need speech to text, I use the apps that come with the OS they work nice especially the speech detection that comes with latest phones is incredible.

3 Likes

That’s a good option in mobile. Thank you @pmario

I second that. I now create a note in Google Keep on my mobile by dictating into it, I can then transfer it using Google Keep on my desktop into my TiddlyWikis.

However if I am out and about, I often find it useful to do an audio recoding of my notes (more out of habit) or when I can’t stop to verify the dictation.

• When I get back to my desktop I play the recording into my microphone after selecting the aforementioned page control button and it works quite well. But I also have the recording if it does not get it right.

Googles android feature is very good and I have being trying to find if it’s possible to activate in the Desktop Chrome Browser at least. With no luck so far. (I asked ChatGPT to reword this and the following is what it said)

• Is there a way to enable the Android feature on Google in the desktop version of Chrome? I haven’t had any success so far.

Microsoft’s desktop voice to text is getting better over time.

In future it will be interesting to see if we can then pass our words into ChatGPT