How to create a new tiddly with a shortcut

Is there any shortcut ? I didn’t find it.

What do you mean when you say “tiddly”? That term doesn’t have a specific meaning in TiddlyWiki. Do you mean a new tiddlywiki? Or a new tiddler inside a tiddlywiki?

If the latter, then alt+N creates a new tiddler.

Thanks so much for your kindness. I am really concerned such a simple question might make everybody annoyed.
I just don’t understand what is the “journal” meaning? Isn’t it a tiddler?

1 Like

Yes, a “journal” is a tiddler… with the additional feature that when it is created (using the “New Journal” sidebar button, or the “New Journal Here” tiddler menu item), it’s title is generated using a “date format” (specified in the $:/ControlPanel configuration settings).

The new tiddler is automatically tagged with “Journal” so that all journal tiddlers can be easily found using a [tag[Journal]] filter. When using “New Journal Here”, the new tiddler is also automatically tagged with the title of the tiddler whose menu item was used to create the new tiddler. This tagging makes it easy to quickly generate a hierarchy of tiddlers that can be shown using the TWCore’s <<toc>> Table of Contents macros.

@TW_Tones has also created modified versions of “New Journal” and “New Journal Here” that automatically adds a journal-date field with a datetime value to make it even easier to use a filter to search for journal tiddlers regardless of the tiddler’s title or tags.

My TiddlyTools Calendar also has an “edit journal” feature that can add a new journal tiddler (or edit an existing journal tiddler) for any selected date in the calendar. The tiddler it creates also automatically adds the “Journal” tag and “journal-date” field, compatible with the both the TWCore behavior and @TW_Tones’ extended handling.

enjoy,
-e

2 Likes