How to center the text of all tiddlers

This is one approach I came up with, but it only supports customization for one tiddlers

|tc-center|k
|tc-table-no-border|k
| ''666'' |

If this winds up centering things you do not want centered, or if this is not centering everything you would like centered, then we adjust as we go.

For now, give this a spin and see what you think:

Cheers !

2 Likes

Perfect solution! Okay, I got sloppy. The centered style doesn’t work with code blocks, and ‘$:/ControlPanel’ entries, they look weird,(No, it’s supposed to be code weird aesthetics),and it looks like it works best with text embellish styles

Ah, then we have to create CSS that applies only to a subset of tiddlers.

So instead of a blanket CSS style like I first suggested, we need styles for specific tiddlers with CSS wrapped by a list-widget filter.

I’m at work, and have no time to look at this until tonight (say in five or six hours.)

Keep in mind that what we are doing here is prototyping to “elicit” requirements (I.e. for us to figure out the “we don’t know what we don’t know”.)

Performance, that doesn’t matter until later, and only if it is an issue. Then, we refactor the prototype.

1 Like

I though this was the case when you asked to do something impactful to “text of all tiddlers”.

I suggest finding how you want to indicate the scope of such a change and only ever apply such changes to a subset of all tiddlers. Most likely a tag or field on tiddlers in which you want this to apply. Have a look at the system field class to see an appropriate field?

But we can get really sophisticated in this including maintaining a list of tiddlers to which to apply this alternate css.

1 Like

An incremental and iterative process will get us there.

Try this in a stylesheet tiddler; ask if there’s anything in there that you wonder about:

\define dbqt() "
<$list filter="[is[tiddler]!is[system]!regexp<dbqt>]">

[data-tiddler-title="<<currentTiddler>>"] .tc-tiddler-body {text-align:center;}<br>
</$list>

pre {text-align:left;}

1 Like

Not at all.

This applies to everybody: “I don’t know what I don’t know.”

Incrementally and iteratively, we are playing a back and forth game of:

• “What I’m writing here is what I mean”
  • “What I’ve prototyped here, is that what you mean?”
  • “Yes, but …”, and we enter another cycle

It is all good. TiddlyWiki makes it ridiculously easy to do incremental and iterative (agile!) prototyping as part of requirements gathering (i.e. needs analysis.)

If we are lucky, the prototype evolves into the final solution. Or, before throwing it away, it serves as informative guide for building the final solution.

Rock’n roll.

Big Requirements Up Front (as in you have to know everything you want and know exactly how to express what you want before the “process” begins), that poop sandwich in a dumpster fire approach is for the birds.

2 Likes

This effect becomes more subtle, it is equivalent to using a filter to screen all the user tiddlers, and then they are set in the text center, does not change the system tiddler Settings, the code returns the result is like the linux terminal, which is very cool! There is a situation, if my tiddlers are above and below the text block, code block, it belongs to the user entry, so it will act on the body text block center, do not do any modification style of the code block, which seems to have something wrong, or such a comprehensive layout is so, but I did not touch it, some look not used to

This means that I will actively discuss with friends in this forum, if I can, to develop this logical rationality intuition that is unique to tiddlywiki

Indeed, some of the code that appears in the process but is eventually discarded, silently provides a more reasonable logical thinking process for more useful direct requirements and indirect requirements

Thank you very much for the logical thought process that you provided, perhaps this indicates that the subclasses that need to be modified should be unified to add some kind of label, but unfortunately, my tiddlers have a lot of text styles, and I need to open all of them to accurately add the appropriate label to the tiddlers that need to be modified by the style