How is it possible to nsort all tiddler titles with a field?

Does anyone know how I can use the nsort operator to list all tiddler titles with the field release-date?

release-date will be using the YYYY-MM-DD format.

I have tried:

<$list filter="[all[]has[relese-date]]">
  <$list filter="[all[current]nsort[release-date]before<currentTiddler>]"/>
  <$list filter="[all[current]nsort[release-date]after<currentTiddler>]"/>
</$list>

Sb ‘release-date’ ??

If “SB” means “sortby”, then yes. That’s what I am trying to do.

Try something like this:

<$set name="tids" filter="[all[]has[release-date]sort[release-date]]">
   <$list filter="[enlist<tids>allbefore<currentTiddler>]"><<currentTiddler>><br></$list>
   <$list filter="[enlist<tids>allafter<currentTiddler>]"><<currentTiddler>><br></$list>
</$set>

Notes:

• The $set gets and sorts all tiddlers that have release dates. Note that because your release-date field values use YYYY-MM-DD format, they aren’t actually numbers, so you should use sort[release-date] rather than nsort[release-date].
  • The release-date field values should use zero-padded date formatting (ie., YYYY-0MM-0DD). Otherwise some of the field values could contain single-digit numbers for the month or day and they won’t sort properly when compared with dates that have two-digit month or day numbers. I am assuming that you are already zero-padding the dates, but you didn’t specifically indicate that in your posted question.
  • The inner $list widgets enlist the already sorted list of tiddlers and then use allbefore<currentTiddler> or allafter<currentTiddler> to get the list of those tiddlers that occur before (or after) the current tiddler.
  • You need to use the “long-form” of the <$list><<currentTiddler>></$list> widget, otherwise the output will be a bunch of tiddler links without any spaces in-between.

enjoy,
-e

Thanks. I should have said I was using the YYYY-0MM-0DD format.

Just to add to the general knowledge here, given this is about sorting in release-date order you may wish to sort items with a version number 0.0.0

Then look at the sortsub Operator which includes;

• “version” - invalid versions are interpreted as “v0.0.0”