How does one correct the issue of using the MenuBar plugin, with Sticky Tiddler Headers?

I’ve noticed, while rebuilding my personal TW, that using Sticky Tiddler Headers seems to get overlapped by the Menubar.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I’m not familiar with how sticky elements work, unfortunately.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The class .tc-tiddler-title is set to position: sticky and top: 0px … So if you create a new stylesheet tiddler and add:

.tc-tiddler-title {
  top: 30px; 
}

BUT … that’s a hack and 30px is an assumption, which will also be applied, if the menubar is not there anymore. …

So you should raise an issue at GitHub. IMO there should be a new class egtc-title-sticky, which should be there, when the title config is set to sticky.

The menubar plugin should then contain a stylesheet setting similar to the one below

.tc-tiddler-title .tc-title-sticky {
  top: 30px; 
}

Any other plugin, that needs some “headroom” can do the same thing. … When all plugins are deactivated, the setting goes away automatically. If one plugin is active that needs it, it will be set accordingly.

2 Likes

This was the issue I was experiencing. I’ll submit a ticket (at least I believe that is what you are supposed to do on GitHub, I still have some learning to go with it.)

Another thing I’ll probably make note of is how if it only the search bar, the menubar thins, and cuts through the sidebar-toggle carot. (this is just something I feel like sharing, it’s not relevent.)

Edit: Alrighty, submitted an issue for it to the TiddlyWiki Github, if anyone wants to take a look at it, they can find it here

1 Like