How do you use Tiddlywiki in your research work?

Right.

This is a real issue I face too. In my case I recycle movie scripts often.

It has proved very difficult to establish when they are still copyrighted and, if so, by whom.

I would like to solve the issue; even paying royalties; but establishing the facts has proven a nightmare.

This prevents me publishing things I would otherwise.

Just a comment, somewhat negative, but real.
TT

Right.

When was the book originally published? (Copyright expires in time!)

Which version did you take images from? (i.e. was it a recent edition?)

Just comments
TT

All researchers may need to address copywrite, and we could collate some guidance in out community for researchers, do remember there is fair use policies especially for research. First and foremost do not publish something in full, and most of all do not pass it off as your own. Otherwise do your own due diligence and legal check.

Where possible provide references to the source and acknowledgement’s. There are quite a few tools already for this.

Right.

A complicating factor is “expiry dates”.

Many resources are not in copyright due to time passing already.
But if a person or company re-purposes a resource & re-publishes it, even if the original is out of copyright, they can claim rights if you use it.

Much of the complexity lays in this “second-life” phenomena.

Just a comment
TT

Copyright is definitely a complex issue. I don’t want to get the Kansas State Historical Society upset with me. They have been and will continue to be very helpful. I will reach out to them for guidance.

As far as code goes, I’ll try to get some snippets out soon. I’m going to be on the road for the next week or so, but will try to work it in