How do I retrieve all associated (double-chained) paths that exist between two arbitrary tiddlers by double-linking

This provides a visual way of thinking about the relationship between knowledge in tiddlers

if
a to [[b]] [[c]] [[d]] [[e]]
b to [[d]]
c to [[b]]
d to [[e]]

?? a to e

a to e
a to [[b]] to [[d]] to e
a to [[c]] to [[b]] to [[d]] to e
a to [[d]] to e

1 Like

How about the TiddlyMap plugin?

1 Like

tiddlymap can only view the relationship between tiddler inbound and outbound links that are being browsed-only one layer of relationship is displayed, and may not have the function of searching the path. If there is such a function, please inform me immediately, I would be very grateful

When you say path, what do you mean?

Search for the path of knowledge connection

Traversal path of “[[]]”,If there is no path, the traversal result is null

For example, a detailed description of a situation:

You can access tiddler b via link b in tiddler a, tiddler d via link d in tiddler b, and then access the final knowledge path tiddler e via link e in tiddler d

Just like ping an ip address, there are several layers of ip addresses in between from your own host to the target website server

TiddlyMap can help you see the link and build a map to illustrate that connection. Play with the step distance settings to adjust. It’s under the Eye Icon.

1 Like

So are you trying to, for instance, find all paths from a to e? Do you know that you have an acyclic graph (that is, do you know that there are no loops?) If not, how would you want to deal with any loops? And are you linking through tags, through another field, or through links in the text field? Some other way? And what does your expected output look like?

1 Like

It seems that this is a graph theory search feature based on tiddlywiki, and the situation I have encountered so far is the situation in which the photos I mentioned above appear

Probably, but there are reasonable techniques to handle such, or we can create them.

As far as I can tell, this is the first mention of photos. How are they linked? Via tags? Another field? Something else?

1 Like

They are associated by “[[]]”

could you perhaps tell us the exact outcome you want to see for the example you have provided

are you looking for some kind of filter that can give you a list of tiddlers linked together in a hierarchy? , Ancestors and descendants filter operators or
Release: Improved performance of Kin filter

otherwise i am bit confused as to what you want to achieve?

4 Likes

I am confident there are a number of ways to achieve what you are asking. I have explored building network databases, representing communications networks, and looking for the critical path, not to mention hierarchical lists and tree walking.

• I also actively pursue methods to overcome any apparent issues with these kinds of issues in tiddlywiki.

If you could provide test data, a demo wiki or an example using existing data on tiddlywiki.com we could give you much better answers.

Try and explain your data and desired results, not the code you think will help.

1 Like

http://tiddlywiki.com/

So I can say that one of the paths from tiddlywiki to macros is shown in the above photos

I would look at how tiddlymap links the relationship with a no limit neighborrhood scope.

1 Like

I think we understand how your input works. But what are you looking for for output? Do you want a graph like what TiddlyMaps draws? Do you want something like what I earlier proposed for breadcrumbs?:

OnePath.json (983 Bytes)

Are you simply looking to collect the data, and if so, what’s the output format? I wrote a JS implementation to collect this information as an array of arrays of tiddler names, but that format isn’t so useful in TW. (It’s also based on tags, not links, but that’s an easy switch.) And it collected all paths from certain root nodes

One other concern: any realistic techniques to do this through links are going to have to deal with the fact that only hard links are readily available to work with.

1 Like

Thank you very much for providing the functional code,I want to see the possible knowledge correlation between different items, so that when I learn new knowledge at the midpoint between two or more notes I have recorded, it is easier for me to quickly organize the network of notes, and quickly approach the new knowledge to be learned from all directions, so that learning a new knowledge has structure and logic

You still haven’t demonstrated the output format you’re looking for.

How do I retrieve all associated (double-chained) paths that exist between two arbitrary tiddlers by double-linking

I assume you don’t want a pointer to the entire wiki, which already includes all that information. So what sort of output do you actually want?

It looks something like this, except where the abc corresponds, is all the possible ways that the knowledge path I’m going to traverse from start to finish

The format is likely to be real-time, just like looking up Google, probably not many people will export their website search history to the local bar

I’m sorry, I still make no sense out of this. Do you want to somehow highlight tiddlers (do you have to open them first?) if they happen to fall on one path between, say, HelloThere and Macro Calls in WikiText? What if there are three paths? Or thirty?

Returns every link path that can lead to each other, all of them, such as two tiddlers with an average distance of 100 links between them, and 100 connecting paths between them

Such as:

“a->b->c”;
“a->c”;
… ;
… ;
… ;