How do I rerun TW?

Hi

I started my TW the first time using tiddlywiki -g mywiki --init server It worked greate for couple days then i had to restart my computer. Now running the same command compalints about the wiki folder not being empty. I am not sure how I can restart keeping my wiki and serve the server.

thanks

That’s the command to initialize your server. What command are you using to actually run TW, and does it give an error?

1 Like

That was the only command I ever run. I am trying to find out the command to serve it regularly.

Ref: https://tiddlywiki.com/#GettingStarted%20-%20Node.js

I have never run a node.js Tiddlywiki but in step 4.2. is gives the command:

tiddlywiki mynewwiki --listen

In your example above I would guess that the command would be:

tiddlywiki mywiki --listen

Seeing what your experience is, I guess it should mention that you don’t need that step on first initialization.

1 Like

You might find this batch script helpful, it create shortcuts that you can click to run a nodejs wiki (on windows).

Here’s how it works:

• Check if Node.JS is installed
  • If not, open https://nodejs.org and close
  • If Node.JS is installed, check if Tiddlywiki is installed
  • If not, install tiddlywiki globally
  • If start.bat was launched with an argument (e.g : start.bat “My wiki”), it will use the argument as the name of the wiki
  • If the name was not provided, it will ask for one
  • Then it will create or initiate the wiki in the same directory
  • It will seek a free port and serve the wiki on it (meaning you can open as many wiki as you want at the same time)
  • Then the wiki will be open in the default web browser
  • If the tiddler $__SiteTitle.tid doesnt exist, the title of the wiki will be set to the name given. To achieve that, title.json is created inside the folder wiki, you can delete it later
  • Two batch files will be added into the wiki directory : one to start the wiki, the other to make a single file backup. In order for the shortcuts to work, you need to keep start.bat in the parent folder.

You can also drag and drop a single file tiddlywiki on this batch script to convert it into a nodejs wiki

2 Likes