How do I feed a string eg filter into the advanced search filter?

Folks,

I have a tiddler containing a filter and I want to set the field used in the Advanced Search input field.

Looking in $:/core/ui/AdvancedSearch/Filter it would appear to be $:/temp/advancedsearch however once I navigate to the search it is not updated.

I believe the problem may be related to the need to edit the search input from the keyboard.

Can anyone suggest how to do this, ideally without modifying a core tiddler?

$:/temp/advancedsearch/input is the tiddler you want to update, though to ensure that the keyboard driven macro works correctly you may want to update $:/temp/advancedsearch as well.

I only now got to test this unfortunatly its still not working.

Not even the two named tiddlers are getting updated, or replacing whats alreadsy there;

<$button tooltip=<<tooltip>> message=tm-copy-to-clipboard param={{{ [all[current]get<filter-field>] }}}  class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>>  dragFilter=<<filter-value>> >
              <$list filter="[<modifier>match[ctrl]]" variable=~>
                  <$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/temp/advancedsearch/input" $value=<<filter-value>>/>
                  <$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/temp/advancedsearch" $value=<<filter-value>>/>
                  <$action-navigate $to="$:/core/ui/AdvancedSearch/Filter"/>
              </$list>
              {{$:/core/images/copy-clipboard}}{{$:/PSaT/filter-tools/filter-field-button/search-icon}}{{$:/PSaT/filter-tools/filter-field-button/drag-icon}} <<filter-field>> 
          </$button>

The following occurs

• The click copied the filter to the clipboard
  • The Drag drags the tiddler to another tiddlywiki
  • The ctrl-click copied the filter to the clipboard,
    • does not change the contents of $:/temp/advancedsearch/input
      and $:/temp/advancedsearch
    • Does not navigate to $:/core/ui/AdvancedSearch/Filter

My guess is there is a stray character I just can’t see.

This works just fine on tiddlywiki.com:

<$button actions="""
<$let filter-value="abc">
    <$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/temp/advancedsearch/input" $value=<<filter-value>>/>
    <$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/temp/advancedsearch" $value=<<filter-value>>/>
    <$action-navigate $to="$:/core/ui/AdvancedSearch/Filter"/>
</$let>""">test</$button>
1 Like

I will put all the actions behind the actions= tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Thank you.

I have since found this feature built in to tiddlywiki and as a result made a macro global and generalised it further.

Please see [RFC] Search-filter-button and show-filter-count (and search button)