How can I get the title of the tiddler created after an excision?

Update:
Sadly not a good one.

$ _sob_Btn_EditorToolbar_Excise_Dropdown(1).json (12.3 KB)

Added a comment to the code explaining how to let the user use the excise without entering a suffix.

(NOTE) If you want to be able to execute the excision even if no suffix is entered:

• Remove from the filter of the $list of the disabled button three lines downthis part: “[[$:/sob/Btn/EditorToolbar/Excise/Dropdown]get[grab]count[]match[0]]
  • Remove “<$list filter="""[[$:/sob/Btn/EditorToolbar/Excise/Dropdown]get[grab]count[]!match[0]]""">” and its “</$list>” from the real button

Allowing the prefix to be edited manually turned out to be a lot more complicated than I’d hoped.
You can always copy and paste it into $edit-text and edit it from there, but I couldn’t get it to be edited in its entirety directly.

This is because the title of the tiddler you are about to create is contained in the field excision-title whose value is {{$:/sob/Btn/EditorToolbar/Excise/Dropdown!!radio}}{{$:/sob/Btn/EditorToolbar/Excise/Dropdown!!part-of-title}}{{$:/sob/Btn/EditorToolbar/Excise/Dropdown!!grab}}

And this value must remain the same. So I don’t know how to change it. And if I went to modify the other fields with an $edit-text, as I do with the field grab, I could only modify one at a time and never all three together.

But I just set myself a reminder. In a while I’ll be (hopefully) better at TiddlyWiki, and maybe I’ll figure it out.

Hi @Sobriety I’m using the button you built, I’m enjoing it. :slight_smile:

I noticed that to cut the prefixes in the tiddler title you are using the title field, forcing you to manually cut Draft of ' and not taking into account the changed titles.
You can use the field draft.title instead. You will find it more comfortable.

1 Like