How can I dynamically trancluded the content of an entry in the sidebar?

Right now I have an entry that shows what is in the current entry, tags, links, etc. But I don’t want to put it under each entry. I want to put it on the left side of the sidebar. But I found that no matter how I try, it always reports an error to dynamically embed an entry in the sidebar, and I can’t achieve the effect I want, why?

What I’m trying to achieve is the content below the third image entry on the left sidebar.

<$list filter="[[$:/state/.alt/sidebar]get[text]] +[else[yes]!match[no]]" variable=".">

<div class="alt-sidebar">

<$transclude $tiddler="node-explorer-colorful" $field=title $mode=block/>

{{node-explorer-colorful}}

</div>

node-explorer and node-explorer-colorful come to count kookma’s plugin, thanks.

It is a recursion error. The list loop is calling $:/.alt/Sidebar which then transcludes itself, which calls the list loop to call itself, over and over.

It is often the case that a tiddler used as a template causes a recursion error when viewed by itself. But it is not a problem when using actually the template. You can probably ignore it.

But of course, always be sure to have backups!

Code only tiddlers, that may include transclusions, are often best given the code-body field with a value of yes, then you just see the code and it does not attempt to transude anything while viewed in the story.

2 Likes