Hosting Multiuser TiddlyWikis

I’m currently trying to host a tiddlywiki for a group of users (6 people), and I want to know what my options are.

I want:

• Multiuser Support
  • Has Authentication
  • Free or Cheap

Things I’ve tried:

• I’m willing to host from my computer, but I can’t port forward, which pretty much kills that idea.
  • TW-Firebase is very broken at this point, and I can’t get it to work.

Hey @GameDungeon!

I’ve stopped development of TW5-Firebase, and began working on a near complete rewrite which is pretty usable at this point (I’m currently using it for a family wiki sharing recipes and trip photos).

I’d be happy to set up an instance for you which you could try with your friends free of charge. Everybody wins: you get a multiuser tiddlywiki, I get beta testers :slight_smile:. If you’re interested, you can reach me at neumark dot peter at gmail dot com.

Best,
Peter

4 Likes

I am not sure about the consequences of no port forwarding, but bob and bob.exe are good for simultaneous users on the local network, however I am not sure if it up to date. There are authentication options in bob and node but I am not familiar with them.

• It this is out of the question single file tiddlywikis can be multi-user over time, ie allow serial editors, a way is needed to ensure one editor at a time; ie can checkout and save the wiki at one time.
  • SharePoint if available can handle the checkin and out process for you.
    • Perhaps there is a way to use a subset of sharepoint in the cloud?

Hi @neumark , I’d also be interested. What plattform do you use?
J

Hi @JanJo!

I’d love to give you access to a sandbox instance you can try out.
Write me an email at neumark dot peter at gmail dot com and I’ll add you as a user.
The current iteration (which I’m calling tiddlybase) requires no custom backend functions.
It uses firebase firestore db for storing tiddlers.

Best,
Peter