[Help] Showing All fields in a tiddler when editting it?

Oh, no thank you- I’ve decided to use custom fields instead of the default ones.

However, would you happen to know of a way to have the input text area of the fields have a wordwrap / multi-line text field, rather than it being on a single line?

Here is an example from my project that uses this in a EditTemplate (i.e. tagged: $:/tags/EditTemplate):

<!--image caption field-->
<div style="width:100%" class="fieldtext" id="imagecaptionid"><br/>
<label class="cuslabel">Image Caption</label><br/>
<$edit-text class="tw-edit-texteditor mkTextEdit" rows="4" minHeight="2em" tiddler=<<currentTiddler>> tag=textarea field="photocaption"/>
<div class="helptext">Caption associated with image.</div>
</div>

For more examples see:

http://craigsturgeon.com/mk/example/Churchill-Example.html

Search for and open tiddler; “1941-12-30 - The Roaring Lion”. Then edit the tiddler.

These edit views are defined in:

$:/plugins/cls/mk/field-selector

2 Likes

You may also try kookma Utility plugin [1].
It adds a button to the page controls. On click you see all fields of tiddler in view mode and you can edit their contents. You can also add remove fields. It uses the standard TW fields view, so looks beautiful.

[1] Utility plugin

1 Like

That’s not how it’s intended to be used. The creator and modifier fields are automatically created by the TW core. The modifier is overwritten whenever you edit a tiddler. TW uses the Username for signing edits from the $:/ControlPanel. The same tiddler is used when you create new tiddlers. It’s content is transferred to the created tiddler

At the moment the created field is only “touched” by the core, when a tiddler is created. But that doesn’t mean it won’t cause trouble in the future, if you “misuse” it.

Just my thoughts.

3 Likes