Help needed: TagManager doesn't work as expected

Hi all,

Help! In one TW of mine the TagManager is broken. When I call it (menu > More > Tags > tag manager) I see a tiddler with the right name, but it is empty. When I start the editor however, I can see the right content in the view window of the editor.
I copied the TagManager tiddler from another TW, but this did not help so I deleted the copy.

Greetings,
Sjaak

Hi, SjaakA

At tiddlywiki-com the tag-manager is a system tiddler: https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2FTagManager

Which plugins do you use in your wiki?

Which TiddlyWiki version do you use? The ControlPanel → Info → Basics tab shows the version

Hi Mario,

I am aware that the TagManager is a system tiddler, but I do not know if that makes a difference in f.i. the ability to import it from another TW by dragging a link (f.i. the link at tiddlywiki.com that you gave, or from a TW where it still works OK).

The plugins I use are:

• Core
  • mob:
  • TiddlerCommander
  • TiddlyFormula

The version is 5.2.3.

Thanks for yout help!

Greetings,
Sjaak

A better alternative to getting a copy of it, is to just delete it and the shadow tiddler will be restored.

Also go to advanced search, Filter and select from the dropdown select “Overridden Shadow tiddlers” these are core tiddlers that have being modified, if you edit and preview them you can see the “differences from the shadow” and possibly locate a change causing the problem.

Other possible causes,

• If you have being configuring CSS perhaps you have hidden the content somehow?

• If you have being customising the view template body cascade that treats TagManager differently?

May be you did “fold” this tiddler. Have a look at the more tab and see the last option in the list – Unfold tiddler?

1 Like

Hi Mario,

That’s it! It was indeed folded, but I can’t remember folding it. I never fold tiddlers.

Thanks a lot!

Greetings,
Sjaak

Good that it’s resolved and thanks for the feedback. Have fun!

Yea, I think we should “force” the visibility of the “unfold” button in the view template, if a tiddler is folded.

It’s not the first time, that we got some “issue” posts, that had the same resolution. I’ll create an issue at GitHub.

Also remember there is also an Unfold all button on the Page Controls on the sidebar. If you tend not to fold things and see something similar try that. Its a Pity there is not another indicator that is clear when folded.

Yep… I’ve stumbled on this one and posted in the forum about it!

Thanks! Yes, I agree a folded tiddler should show some indication.

Greetings,
Sjaak

Here’s the GH issue: [Bug] There needs to be a visual indicator if a tiddler body is folded · Issue #7084 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub

3 Likes

Thanks for submitting this.

Greetings,
Sjaak