Help needed regarding dynamic tables

I was trying to create a budget manger - similar to the task manger shown in the demo site of tiddlytables. In that task manger demo, there is an option to add caption area to each table.
Caption area is based on the tbl-caption field in the template tiddler.

<div style="text-align:left;" >__''Year: ''<$text text=<<currentRecord>>/>__<br>''Tags: ''<$edit-text size="60" placeholder="Enter tags..." tiddler=<<currentRecord>> field="tags" class="tbl-hidden-edit"/><br>''Description: ''<$edit-text size="60" placeholder="Enter description..." tiddler=<<currentRecord>> field="description" class="tbl-hidden-edit"/> <br>''<$text text=<<currentRecord>>/> Months'' | //<$button class="tc-btn-invisible"><$action-setfield $tiddler="Month" link=<<currentRecord>>/><$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" $param="Month"/>''new month{{$:/core/images/new-button}}''</$button>//</div> 

Caption area of the table looks like this

Now coming to my doubt. In the input tiddlers, I have fields for input_type (debit, credit), amount, tbl-type(month, input etc)

In the month tiddler, I have fields like shown in the image below to calculate the total debit, credit and balance for that particular month

For example this is the March tiddler

You can see the contents of the text field of the month tiddler in the caption area of the table.

As you can see the text field below the Description shows the transcluded text field of that particular month tiddler - but that is in edit mode. I want to see the text field in view mode so that I can see the result of the debit, credit and balance calculation in the table.
So I changed the code in the tbl-caption field for the text field from

<$edit-text tag=textarea placeholder="Enter month inputs..." tiddler=<<currentRecord>> field="text" class="tbl-hidden-edit-wide"/>

to

<$view tiddler= <<currentRecord>>  field="text" />

Still the text field is not showing the result of the calculations, instead only the wikitext is seen.
Is there any way to see the maths results instead of the wikitext for the maths calculation.

As you’ve discovered, the $view widget does not “wikify” the field contents. As noted in the documentation for https://tiddlywiki.com/#ViewWidget:

“WikiText format”

To display the field content as regular WikiText, for example with working links, use the TranscludeWidget instead.

Something like this:

<$tiddler tiddler=<<currentRecord>>><$transclude mode="block"/></$tiddler>

-e

1 Like

Thank you @EricShulman That works.

@EricShulman How to modify this code to transclude fields other than the default text field of the current tiddler

<$tiddler tiddler=<<currentRecord>>><$transclude mode="block" field="footer"/> 

I used this one to get the result. Is there any syntax errors in this code?

Don’t forget the </$tiddler> at the end.